Monday, October 11, 2010

YOUNG SURVIVAL COALITION FUNDRAISER

André Cholmondeley's partner, Cheri Jiosne, lost her battle agains cancer on August 25, 2010.

I fondly remember the Akashic Ensemble concert at Zappanale with Don Preston, André and Cheri.

Here's a message from Cheri's sister Candi:

Bike Ride: Saturday, October 16 · 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: Atlanta , Georgia, USA

"As many of you know I just lost my sister to Breast Cancer on Aug 25. She was extremely passionate about cycling. We rode together many times. I've decided to do my first century ride on Oct 16 in Atlanta in honor of her. It's a fundraiser for the Young Survival Coalition which provides support and educa...tion for young women diagnosed with breast cancer. ALL funds raised go directly to the YSC.

This ride encompasses so many of my passions as well. I too have a deep love for cycling. Just recently I bought a MINI Cooper ~ my newest love. For every $50 donation you get entered into a drawing for a 2010 MINI!!! It would be great for one of my supporters to win the this giveaway and share in that joy with me. But most importantly this ride allows me to honor my sister Cheri and give back to my community at the same time. Cheri helped so many people in her community and in turn had a tremendous amount of suppport throughout her 2 year battle. She would want everyone to have the same. I am hoping the money I raise will go so no young woman goes unsupported in her battle. Because Cheri excelled in everything that she did my goal for this ride is to raise more money than any individual rider.

Please help me with this challenge and help to honor Cheri and all the women facing this horrible disease. General donations are tax deductible. If you choose to donate $50 or more and be entered into the MINI drawing that donation, unfortunately is NOT tax deductible. You do not need to be present to win (see link below). If you cannot donate financially I completely understand that. You can just send me some encouraging words or come out and cheer me on the day of the event. Or think about joining me in the ride! You can ride 20, 50 or 100 miles. There is even an option for walkers! For more info on the ride or to donate click here: http://www.ysctourdepink.org/goto/TeamJiosneYou can also use this link to follow along with my training progress.

For more info on the Young Survival Coalition: http://www.youngsurvival.org/
For more info & official rules for the MINI Cooper drawing go to: http://www.ysctourdepink.org/site/TR/TourdePink/TourdePink-Atlanta?pg=informational&fr_id=1092&type=fr_informational&sid=1078

Please send this on to anyone you know who may be interested in supporting me or joining me. Thanks in advance for your support. I truly appreciate it.
~ Candi"

No comments:

Post a Comment